If you would like to offer Fedex shipping to your customers, you may do so by going to 'Edit Store' -> 'Shipping'. Click on 'TURN ON' next to Fedex. The Fedex options
will drop-down. The system will automatically try to determine the most
cost effective method of packaging your purchase, based upon the
dimensions and weights of the items being checked out.
- Entry Point: Specify how the package will get to Fedex to be shipped. This will affect the final price.
- Flat Rate Packaging: If you
enable Flat Rate Packaging here, the customer may be offered flat rate
shipping if their purchase meets the requirements for Fedex's flat rate
shipping option (this is based upon the purchase dimensions). If you do
not want flat rate shipping to be offered to the customer, leave these
- Carrier Service: You will need to choose which specific delivery options are available to the customer (choose at least one).
- Account Discount: This percentage will be applied to all shipping charges generated for Fedex. If you have an account with Fedex, they may give you a discount on your shipping charges. You can add a percentage in here to encourage your customers to use Fedex regardless of whether or not you actually receive an account discount.
- Handling Fee: This
dollar amount will be added to the final cost of the purchase at the
very end of the checkout process (after the Shipping method has been
selected by the customer, and directly before they pay).
- Max Weight: Enter the maximum weight you want a single box to be. The maximum weight Fedex will
allow for a single box is 150lbs, but if you want to make sure no box
is heavier than a particular weight, you can add that in here. We recommend that you leave this option blank.
- Require Signature: Requiring a signature from the package recipient upon delivery will raise the total cost of shipping.
Save the Shipping page when you are done!