If you would like to offer USPS shipping to your customers, you may do so by going to 'Edit Store' -> 'Shipping'. Click on 'TURN ON' next to United States Postal Service. The USPS options
will drop-down. The system will automatically try to determine the most
cost effective method of packaging your purchase, based upon the
dimensions and weights of the items being checked out.
- Flat Rate Packaging: If you enable Flat Rate Packaging here, the customer may be offered flat rate shipping if their purchase meets the requirements for USPS's flat rate shipping option (this is based upon the purchase dimensions). If you do not want flat rate shipping to be offered to the customer, leave these checkboxes blank.
- Carrier Service: You will need to choose which specific delivery options are available to the customer (choose at least one).
- Account Discount: This percentage will be applied to all shipping charges generated for USPS. If you have an account with USPS, they may give you a discount on your shipping charges. You can add a percentage in here to encourage your customers to use USPS regardless of whether or not you actually receive an account discount.
- Handling Fee: This dollar amount will be added to the final cost of
the purchase at the very end of the checkout process (after the
Shipping method has been selected by the customer, and directly before
- Max Weight: Enter the maximum weight you want a single box to be. The maximum weight UPS will
allow for a single box is 70lbs, but if you want to make sure no box
is heavier than a particular weight, you can add that in here. We recommend that you leave this option blank.
- Require Signature: Requiring a signature from the package recipient upon delivery will raise the total cost of shipping.
Save the Shipping page when you are done!