You can set up a shipping rate for each of your items.
To Setup an Individual Shipping Rate:
- Navigate to the 'Edit Store' tab -> 'Shopping Cart' -> on the left-hand menu click on 'Shipping'.
- Click on 'Add Custom Shipping Method'.
- Enter a name for the shipping method.
is displayed to the customer during the checkout process. If multiple
shipping methods apply for the customer's location, they will have the
option to choose which shipping method they would prefer.
- Select the country or countries that the shipping rate applies to.
- If the shipping rate applies to the entire world, select 'Anywhere'.
- If the shipping rate only applies to a single country, select 'Inside' and then use the 'Select options' drop down menu to select the country.
- If the shipping rate applies to multiple countries, select 'Inside', and then use the 'Select options' drop down menu to select the applicable countries.
- If the shipping rate applies to all countries with one or more exceptions, select 'Outside', and then use the 'Select options' drop down menu to select the country that you will not ship to.
- Specify the states or provinces that the shipping method applies to.
- If you have selected United States or Canada and the shipping rate applies to the entire country, leave the field blank.
the rate only applies to a specific state or province, enter the
2-letter abbreviation for the state or province. For example, for California, you
would enter "CA".
For multiple states or provinces, continue adding the variations for
each one separated by commas: "BC, AB".
- Enter 1.00 for the cost per unit of weight and leave the other cost fields at 0.00.
- Click on 'Add Custom Shipping Rate'.
Then you must edit each of your products pages and enter in the 'Shipping Weight' field how much you want to charge to ship the item. For example, if you want to charge $6 to ship the product, enter "6". Remember to save your changes.
- Name: Ground Shipping
- Country: Inside -> United States
- States/Provinces: blank
- Cost per unit of weight: 1.00
For a product that costs $3.75 to package and ship, edit the product and enter 3.75 in the 'Shipping Weight' field.