Netscape Mail is a great way to set up your email retrieval. Unfortunately,
on Netscape's newest browser 8.0, this option is no longer offered. You can
go to http://sillydog.org/narchive/full67.php
to get the 7.2 version of their browser if you like Netscape Mail.
- In Netscape, click on 'Windows' and choose 'Mail
- Select 'Email account' and click on 'Next'.
Or, if you already have an email set up on Netscape Mail, click on 'File'
-> 'New' -> 'Account'.
- Identity: Enter the name and email address appropriate
for this account, then click 'Next'.
- Server Information: Insert the following information:
Select the type of incoming server you are using: POP
Incoming Server: mail.[host.name]
Outgoing Serer: mail.[host.name]
- User Name: Enter your email address. Then, click 'Next'.
- Account Name: Enter whatever name you want to use to refer
to this account. Click 'Next' when you're done.
- Verify that the information you entered is correct. You should have this
Account Name: [your email address]
Email Address: [your email address]
Incoming User Name: [your email address]
Incoming Server Name: mail.[host.name]
Incoming Server Type: POP3
Outgoing Server Name (SMTP): mail.[host.name]
- Click 'Finish' to set up your account.
- Go to 'Account Settings' and on 'Outgoing Server' it should have mail.[host.name] and the user should be your email account. Under 'Use Secure Connection' choose 'No'.