Setup Instructions for PayPal Website Payments Pro
You must have a PayPal Business account and be a member of the PayPal Payments Pro service. PayPal Payments Pro only works with US PayPal accounts in our shopping cart.
To sign up for a new business account, click here.
To upgrade your personal PayPal account to a business account, click here.
To become a member of PayPal Pro, you must apply. Click here to apply to be a member of PayPal Pro.
Once you have signed up for PayPal Pro and been approved, you need to set up Payment Processing on your website. To set up Website Payments Pro by PayPal, follow these steps:
- Go to 'Edit Store' -> 'Payment Processing'.
- If this is your first time setting up payment processing options, select U.S. Dollar from the currency dropdown list. If your currency is already set to something other than U.S. Dollar, please contact support to request a change to USD.
- Select 'Website Payments Pro'.
- Enter your PayPal account email address.
- Click on the 'Save' button.
Once you have completed these steps, you need to set up your API Credentials on PayPal to link your PayPal Pro account to your website. To do this, follow these steps:
- Log into your PayPal.com account.
- Under the 'My Account' tab, click on 'Profile'.
- Under the 'Account Information' heading, click on the 'API Access' link.
- On the 'API Access' page, under Option 1 ('Grant API permissions to a third party to use certain PayPal APIs on your behalf'), click on 'Grant API permission'.
- Enter Third Party Permission Username customerservice_api1.websitedynamics.com and press 'Lookup'.
- It will then ask you to select the available permissions for the API. Check off the following permissions and click 'Add':
- Use Express Checkout to process payments
- Process your customers' credit or debit card payments
- Authorize and capture your PayPal transactions
- Obtain information about a single transaction
- Search your transactions for items that match specific criteria and display the results
- Obtain authorization for pre-approved payments and initiate pre-approved transactions
- Issue a refund for any prior transaction
- Initiate transactions to multiple recipients in a single batch
- A confirmation screen will appear with a successfully added API Username message.