- In Windows Mail, go to the 'Tools' menu and click on 'Accounts...'.
- Click the 'Add...' button on the right.
- In the 'Select Account Type' window, click 'E-mail Account' and then click 'Next'.
- In the 'Your Name' window, enter the name you want seen by your email recipients, then click on 'Next'.
- In the 'Internet E-mail Address' window, enter your e-mail address, then click 'Next'.
- In the 'Set up e-mail servers' window, select 'POP3' and enter the e-mail server information.
Incoming mail (POP3 or IMAP) server: mail.[host.name]
Outgoing e-mail server (SMTP) name: mail.[host.name]
IMPORTANT: Make sure 'Outgoing server requires authentication' is Checked.
- In the 'Internet Mail Logon' window, enter your full email address and the password into the boxes provided.
- Check the box next to 'Remember password'.
- Check the box beside 'Do not download my e-mail and folders at this time', then click 'Finish'.